As the precedcessor to the MOTC, the Fred Stewart Bus Company operated the Bondi Beach to Central Railway Station route via Bondi Junction. Beautifully detailed elegant model with maroon and cream with open rear staircase. Body was built by Leyalnd Motors UK.
M/O 554 Rt 160
"Bondi Beach North"
Prior to the opening of the railway, FJ Bardsley ran these beautifully-coloured Leyland Titan TD1 deckers to replace the government operated steam train service from Sutherland to Cronulla.
M/O 841 Rt 62
Model Condition: Very Good
Packaging Condition: Good
This model was sold out years ago, although other versions are still available. The original bus was the last of the nine originally imported by NSW private operators, then taken over by NSW DRTT. Believed to have passed to Rover Motors, Cessnock. Sadly no TD1s survive in preservation in Australia, and very few in UK.
M/O 1009 Rt 392
This was the first new government bus that was built for the newly formed NSW Department of Road Transport and Tramways (DRTT). It was new in December 1933 with a Syd Wood 51 seat body, and it was based in Burwood Depot. Beautifully detailed with an enclosed rear staircase that differs from some other Leyland Titans.
M/O 1009 Rt 992
In the collection of Sydney Bus Museum, the full-size prototype of this bus model is amongst the last half-cab double-deckers built for Sydney in 1952.
These AEC Regent III double deckers were the most popular NSW chassis at that time.
M/O 2643 Rt 396
EX-SYDNEY AEC Regent IIIs were converted for use as tourist buses along the Queensland Gold Coast picking up visitors to convey them to the ferry for
Stradbroke Island, located off Brisbane's Moreton Bay. Some were still in usae in 1979, a service life of nearly 30 years.
AEC Regent chasses formed the majority of post WWII double deck bus building. Sydney accounted for 359 chassis imported.
Later production buses were fitted with an air-operated front door to improve loading time.
Destination WATSONS BAY route 324. Fleet number 2619
The model is based on one of the last half cab double deckers, built for NSW DGT in 1952. Bus m/o 2691 is fully restored and resides at Loftus: Sydney Tram Museum
Ballarat Coachlines is one of Victoria's premier coach companies which operates intercity express services. With Ballarat's distinctive multi-tone livery, this is also the first Trux model to come with 3D wing mirrors!
Rego: PAY 204 Destination "Melbourne"
Former Ribble No. 1971 is a Leyland Atlantean imported to NSW from the English Midlands in 1976 by Kirklands. This was done to get around the huge new bus costs in Australia due to scarcity of chasses. These buses could be one-man operated, and were especially useful for country school runs.
M/O 5205 "Taree-Harrington"
Kirklands of Lismore NSW imported many UK built second-hand Atlantean buses and sold some on the oteher operators such as Joyce's of Bellingen NSW. This former Ribble No. 1972 bus was used to operate between Urunga on the NSW North Coast and Bellingen.
M/o 4210 "Urunga - Bellingen"
Kirlands Brothers pioneered in importing second-hand Atlantean buses from UK operators in the 1970s. During that time, their fleet of UK Atlantean grew up to 10, while some of the other imported buses were sold on. These buses were mostly used for school runs.
M/O 085 "Lismore"
Leyland and the National Bus Company collaborated in a standard single deck bus in Britian from the 1970s. The Melbourne & Metropolitan Tramways Board used them on one of their longest bus routes, from Warrandyte to Melbourne via Templestowe.
Rego: IAC.821 Rt 277
"Melbourne - Templestowe"
Government bus services in Canberra commenced in 1926 where they operated four buses on different routes between Ainslie in the north and Eastlake in the south. By 1977, Canberra had a comprehensive metropolitan system and was re-branded ACTION (Australian Capital Territory Internal Omnibus Network). Seventy Leyland Nationals 10.9m buses arrived in Canberra in 1974 and 1975 to meet the demands of new routes and improved timetables.
Rego: ZIB.261 Rt 350
"Red Hill via Barton"
Melbourne & Metropolian Tramways Board supplemented its tramway network with buses. This Leyland Tiger TS8 operated in Collingwood replacing the busy cable trams by 1940.
CONDITION AS NEW
Packaging very good
This is the only example of this model we have ever seen. The initial production run sold out almost instantly, and this model was obtained by the museum only recently.
Bodied by Cheetham and Borwick in Melbourne, the chassis was the standard Leyland Titan TD5, but with the optional torque converter transmission.
One example survives in preservation in NSW.
FLEET NO. 245
Destination CLIFTON HILL
These minibuses were not very popular among Australian operators, as their operating costs were hardly better than a full-size bus, and staff cost was the same yet its usage was very limited. Toronto Bus Service near Newcastle was one of the companies that operated these buses.
M/O 9615 "The Train"
Deluxe Coachlines was one of the largest and most famous user of these Denning Monocoaches. And just like on the original long distance coaches, this model also features the blacked-out windows for the rest room located at the rear.
Rego: SAN.257 "Brisbane"
Some Denning Monocoaches were used by Australian VIP Tours for their tour services which linked most Australian capital cities. They commenced services in the early 1980s on the eastern seaboard. Following rapid expansion, VIP Express collapsed due to financial pressures in the late eighties.
Rego: 746.ONH "ON TOUR"
Kirkland Bros have been running services in northern NSW since the 1930s and at their peak in the 1970s were reportedly taking over 5,000,000 pasengers per year. Being one of the most popular touring coach, the Denning was used by Kirkland Bros for their touring and express service. This model also includes a replica of the front bull bar and two external stacks.
M/O 8496 "Lismore"
Stateliner coaches took in towns and sights often ignored by other major bus companies, traversing South Australia from Port Lincoln to the towns along the Riverland and from Ceduna in the west to Lake Alexandrina in the south-east. But this latest Denning DenAir is bound for the urban hub of Australia's red centre: Alice Springs.
reg'd S.A SVH 213
Designed especially for the Public Transport Commission of NSW, these Atlanteans were unique to Sydney. This bus has one of the attractive all-over-advertisement - bankcard applied to it.
M/O 1155 Rt 330
"Bondi Junction via Double Bay via King Cross"
Never particularly successful in their role of providing reliable public trasnport, as NSW Government buses, many Leyland PDR2 Atlanteans were sold on to private operators and were popular as school buses and city excursion coaches.
Melbourne's APT After Dark bus was well known for taking its customers for a walk on the Wild Side!
Sydney Bus Museum has two PTC Atlanteans: nos. 1003 and 1224 both in full working order.
rego. VICTORIA . BLS 556
The AEC Frogs were the result of hasty decisions by DGT planners and engineers. A quantity of Regent III Double Decker chasses was ordered from UK, but by the time they arrived, the need for large capacity deckers was waning and low capacity feeder buses was more needed. So the chasses had single deck bodies built on them. M/O 2578 at the bus museum is one surviving example.
M/O 2526 Rt 409
Mercedes-Benz buses had been in service since 1970s and the Mk IIIs saw revisions to the PMC bodywork and flashing amber lights either side of the route number display. This Sydney NSW Government Mercedes Mark III features the limited-stop Route L20 which runs from Circular Quay to Parramatta.
M/O 2706 Rt L20
"Parramatta Limited Stops"
Although this appears to be a Sydney MkIII Merc., PMC went on to build additional private bus bodies after the 550 MK II order for the PTC. One was built on an IBC chassis which has been specially modelled here by Trux. It was built as a demonstrator. It was operated by Gold Coast Citybus in all over advertising livery for Pacific Fair shopping Centre..
"IBC" stood for "Ian and Barry Campbell" who tendered unsuccessfully for the supply of chasses to carry the Mark II Pressed Metal Corp body.